Monday, October 11, 2010

My bestfriends

November 6, 2006



{This is from a project a class did with Sonia Sanchez.}


{I use three lines to make a poem}


[Manifest destiny is what I called it. Cold stained the walls. By luck you can catch another.]


I revised it on October 11, 2010.


So now this goes out to all my great god sent friends.



Running through a field of cold hearts are what I dream of.

In the summer I swim in shoulder high banks of blood.

And in winter cold stained the walls

Once in a while you will find a friend fit for a queen’s child

By luck you can catch another

That will swim dance fall into the same



Manifest destiny is what I called it

Others call them best friends

I call them god’s messengers



They whisper the truths of the world

Turn your dreams

Steal your last drop of love

Testing your ability



All God’s messengers

And you’ll be lucky to catch one

Highly gifted with two

1 comment:

  1. Steal your last drop of love.

    I've never looked at it that ways, but you are correct in your line of thought.

    ReplyDelete