Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Barbie....Where is she?

I was thinking of this whole new thing lady gaga is preaching of how people are born a certain way. Along with the Nikki a native Trinidadian like my mother who considered her self a Barbie for a while. So my questions are which one do I agree with? I like looking cute but then sometimes I think its better to let your true colors shine through.

But thinking about Barbie’s they have this new show called the real ken. It’s basically like a search for Ken. Who is said to be trying to get back with Barbie. Which lead me to remember I never really had my own Barbie because she was always white. So I went on a search for a Barbie that looked like me. And guess what I found. 

First I found some of the fly white ones that I always wanted. 


Then I some well I will say shapely Barbie's.... 



Well I finally found an African American Barbie






There was even a VOGUE issue on it. 




 This one was interesting I kinda want to buy it. 
But the best out of it all is the Barbie with dreads.

And here is some of the web sites that i found them on. 

So when you have a child and she asks for a Barbie be sure to find her one that looks like her. There are so many of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment