Sunday, March 8, 2009

Its all what they said it would be.

I didn’t go to sleep last night.. If anyone wanted to know. It was like I wanted to go to sleep cause I had been drinking but I just couldn’t. Any once everyone left the couch which is now my bed I tried to go to sleep. But it didn’t work. So I rolled around for a while then finally gave up and went in my parent’s room and sleep on their bed. Because for some reason their bed was the only one that had sheets on it. I guess they had left to do laundry. What ever the case may be. I didn’t wake up till 12 like always. Got a few friendly calls and got a visit from my uncle P. Then I joined my friends in a going about to Bowie state for Living Ledgens practice. Reggie’s car suffered the most because it started squalling once we got into dc and took the L and was the first person to leave.

But that’s not why I decided to write a blog today. I was on my way to Bowie when I walked up a street that I have never walked up before and I saw some old friends. It was funny because had I not took that wrong turn I would have never seen the truth in what my parents were telling me. These boys were the cream of the crop back in junior high and high school. All the girls came around my neighborhood following after these boys. And they would cat call after me every morning. But this spring break when I stopped to say hi and ask about what they had been up to. There was nothing for them to say except “shit chillin in the hood” or “fucking with this nigga right hear”. My parents had always said that they will always be there hanging on the corner so you can go off and get your education. When you come back there be there for you to hang out with. And it’s so true.

Now I’m not saying that everyone had to go to college and if you don’t you’re a dead beat but. These few that don’t have a job, still living off parents and friends, thinking that they got all that a girl needs because they have a car and long hair. They are the DC dudes that won’t be there for my wedding because they have wasted there better parts of their lives and might be to embarrassed to come to a wedding party alone.

I love that I’m who I have come to be with all my short falls and all. Any way the last thing I promise. I know I talk about Brandon and my best friend Donnie a lot on hear but there are no pictures. There are some of Reggie and Demetrius and Markus but not Brandon and Donnie so look to the side of the blog and there will be some pictures not. Ill label them for you Kay bye…

No comments:

Post a Comment